Friday, November 19, 2010

My Life Goals

As I look at this topic, I'm a little torn with which way to go. When I was in high school or college, my life goals revolved around career. I don't think that I really thought about much else. Marriage and kids...hmm...wasn't really my cup of tea.

Don't get me wrong. I still have career related goals. However, they just don't seem as high on my list of priorities as some of my personal goals. I want to be a great vocal instructor and coach - giving my students shots that I never really felt like I had, but in those sessions, I want to be a good mentor and I want to point them to someone who could make more of a difference in their lives than any human ever will.

Time has a way of changing our desires. I'm getting married next October. Its important to me that I am a good helpmate to my husband. I want to be a wife who strives to keep Christ the center of her marriage.  Along with that comes growing into the Proverbs 31 woman. I say growing because I'm not even on the same page.

I guess if I had to narrow my goals down to 1, I would say my life goal is to be the woman God created me to be in every single area of my life. It's a work in progress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy