Friday, November 12, 2010

Defying Gravity

I don't really like concerts, so I'm going to have to take the show route. I LOVE musicals! I have seen a ton of them and I have 2 favorites out of the shows I have seen.

#2 is The Lion King. The staging and costumes were nothing short of AMAZING! It helps that my friend Chris starred as Simba in the show, but it's one of my favorite for reasons other than him (no offense, buddy). If you ever get a chance to see it, I highly recommend going. I could brag all day on Julie Taymor's costume designs.

#1 is WICKED!

















Hands down I LOVE this musical more than any other!!!!!! The score is fantastic, the story was adapted very well, and the set and stage mechanics blow my mind. Ronnie took me for my birthday after the show came to Chicago. I would love to have a chance to play Elphaba.

#1 show I haven't seen, but would like to: In the Heights

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy