Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - July 13, 2011


Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond hosts this great link party every week. Click on the logo above to hop over and link up!


1. How has your hometown changed since you were a kid? What has changed most about the neighborhood you grew up in?
It seems like a lot has changed, but I also have to wonder if it's just me that has changed. My hometown is really small. We have a small library (it has moved to a new building since I was a kid), a post office, a bank, a volunteer fire department, a barber shop and a park with a ball diamond. It's all still there, so I guess things really having changed all that much. I guess it IS just me!

2. What song makes you laugh?
Are we talking about silly songs? Songs that are so ridiculous they make me laugh?
If we're talking silly songs, I'm a huge fan of Veggie Tales and Silly Songs with Larry - a personal favorite is "I Love My Lips".  Songs that are so ridiculous they make me laugh: The Thong Song by Sisquo (remember that one?) and the first year I was at Cairo teaching,my kids like a song called Chicken Noodle Soup - also mad me laugh because it was so ridiculous.

3. Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Read the books? Seen any/all of the movies? Will you be standing in line somewhere close to midnight later this week? For those of you playing along today who live outside the US or UK is Harry Potter a phenomenon in your part of the world?
No. No. No. No. I don't have anything against Harry Potter - just not my thing.

4. If the truth hurts, will you tell a lie? Are we better off as a society in a world that allows no form of deception whatsoever?
Woah - that's pretty deep. I HAVE lied to keep people from being hurt (a little white lie is still a lie) and thinking back, I'm not so sure that I really helped the situation or protected anyone by lying. I really do believe that the truth will set you free and that deception generally leads to disappointment. I can't tell you how disappointed I was to find out that there was no Santa (OHHHH - you didn't know....ooops!).

5. What is your favorite 'sauteed in garlic and butter' food? Or garlic and olive oil if that makes you feel better.
Chicken that's going to go in alfredo. I can't wait to see what everyone else likes to cook. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

6. Attending any reunions this summer/year? High school? family? Other? Do these events stir up excitement or dread?
I HATE reunions! BLUH! I don't know why I loathe them, but its a rarity for me to attend these glorious events.

7. Lilac, hydrangea, peony...pick one.
Hydrangea.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Planning a wedding is a pain in the butt! Why would anyone want to spend this much time planning an event that is only going to last a few hours (reception and all)? Bride-zillas, chill the freak out. It's not that serious. I just can't help but think that a lot of marriages may last longer if the time spent planning the marriage equaled the time spent planning the wedding. Thoughts?


Thought Provoking Thursday button-150x150


Tomorrow is Thursday - time for Thought Provoking Thursday. Answer the questions, post them on your blog and come back Thursday to link up!
Questions for Thought Provoking Thursday:
1. Who is the strongest person you know?

2. What are you uncertain about?

3. What has life taught you in the last week?

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Before I got married my mom gave me a book-I think the author is Florence Littauer and the title is -After every wedding comes a marriage-food for thought : )

That being said I love weddings, not over the top weddings but weddings in general make me happy.

Amiee said...

I seriously considered eloping just so I could avoid all of the drama! Seems like everything I did upset someone. Ugh. Best wishes :)

Theresa said...

Oh we had such fun planning our wedding. We went to many catering halls, made a checklist of the absolute things we wanted (for me it was being the only event and only bride there), and narrowed our list until we found the perfect spot. We enjoyed our engagement and reminded ourselves of how special that time was too. Our tenth wedding anniversary is coming up in November :)

Theresa said...

Oh we had such fun planning our wedding. We went to many catering halls, made a checklist of the absolute things we wanted (for me it was being the only event and only bride there), and narrowed our list until we found the perfect spot. We enjoyed our engagement and reminded ourselves of how special that time was too. Our tenth wedding anniversary is coming up in November :)

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

So true on the wedding thought-
Enjoyed reading your answers.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy