Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - March 30, 2011



1. April rolls in at the end of this week and in celebration of that infamous date (April 1st) answer this question-What is something foolish you've done?
Lately? It seems I'm always doing something foolish. Some things don't seem as bad as others. For instance, choosing to wear flip-flops on a day when it rains? Slightly foolish. I'm super my friends would be more than willing to give you some of my super foolish moments but I'm not telling on myself.
2. With April comes Easter and that classic edible treat known asPeeps...so tell me...what's your favorite way to fix/eat chicken? That wasn't what you were expecting, was it? I 'fooled' you. teehee.
I LOVE double-breaded oven fried chicken! YUM!
3. What's the best museum you've ever visited? Or your favorite? Or the one you'd most like to visit?
I have been to several museums in NYC - Metropolitan Museum of Art was probably the most impressive. Been to a couple in Chicago and an art museum in St. Louis. I would really like to see the King Tut exhibit that went around a few years ago, though.
4. You know what they say about April showers...what's your preference-a shower or a bath?
Depends. Typically a shower because it's hard to wash my hair in the bathtub, but a bubble bath can be so relaxing!
5. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"...fact or fiction? Why?
I think it can. I'm not sure it always does. Sometimes absence just makes you realize how annoying the person was to begin with.  ;-)
6. What's your favorite product made/grown in your home state/province?
Peaches. There are several peach orchards close to where I live and I LOVE peaches!
7. What is going on in the world today that affects you the most?
-Oil Prices - gas is killing me!
-Issues in Education - IL is currently making some changes regarding how teachers are evaluated - No Child Left Behind is insane - making cuts, expecting more - lack of parental involvement - there's a lot going on in the field of education. As a teacher, it directly affects me, but it will eventually affect all of us.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Wedding updates coming soon. Some have started complaining because I'm not sharing details, but I just don't want that to become all-consuming. However, I will update very soon.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

I cannot wait for summer produce. We have lots of farms and farm stands nearby (not what people think of when they think of NJ) and we get the best corn and tomatoes. Now-if only this pesky snow would melt!

Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Ahh...teacher issues are heavy indeed in Florida. Tough times, I say. Loved your #5 and totally agree (I answered similarily).

Expats Again said...

Congrats on the wedding. Will watch for updates. Exciting!

Unknown said...

Totally with you on the oil/petrol prices. It's ridiculous!!! What are peeps?

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy