Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - March 23, 2011


1. Sunday was the first day of spring. So they say. Ahem. What is your favorite outdoor springtime activity?
Sitting on the porch in the swing - reading. It's so peaceful...well, it's peaceful as long as the dog is tied up.

2. Who would you want to come into your kitchen to cook dinner for you?
Famous People: Paula Deen, Rachel Ray
Should Be Famous Chef: Casey Stout

3. When did you last fly a kite?
I have NO clue. I HAVE flown a kite, though. Today would be a good day for it. Hmm...perhaps I'll visit Wal-Mart this afternoon and go fly a kite rather than cleaning like I had planned.

4. What topic puts you to sleep faster than anything?
Right now just about anything would put me to sleep. So sleepy. Typically politics and economics do me in. History used to be that way for me, but as I've gotten older I've decided it wasn't so much the subject as it was the one presenting the information (if you know what I mean).

5. Which flowers do you associate with specific people, places, or events?
-Hydrangeas remind me of my grandma. She had a beautiful bush in front of her house. It bloomed blue and purple flowers. So pretty.
-Sunflowers make me think of Crystal.

6. What significant historical events took place during your elementary school days?
-The Challenger exploded when I was in the 2nd grade. I don't always remember things from when I was younger, but I remember those images of the explosion

-The fall of the Berlin Wall

-Halley's Comet appeared

-Czechoslovakia became Slovakia and the Czech Republic

-The Gulf War

7. Do you swear? Do you pseudo-swear? (You know crap, shoot, friggin'?)
I wish that I could tell you know, but I would totally be lying. I pseudo-swear a LOT!

8. Spring Break please hurry. I NEED you like yesterday. UGH! Longest. School. Year. EVER!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's really interesting how we are all remembering certain events but at different points in our lives. I was in high school when the Challenger exploded. I have very vivid memories of that!!! I also remember the Berlin Wall falling, and I was a newlywed when we entered the Gulf War.

Joyce said...

Longest. winter. ever. here : ) I'm ready for a spring break of some sort too. I'd settle for it to just quit snowing already!!

Happy Wednesday!

Expats Again said...

You have my vote for spring break. BRING IT ON!

Mama Manuscripts said...

Oh, yes, the fall of the Berlin wall. I somehow missed that one on my list! I love your advice in your blog title! I look forward to reading more of your blog!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

I always wondered what became of Czechoslovakia!!!

unsure of the future said...

The Challenger explosion happened when I was a senior in high school...we were all watching it (as I suppose a lot of schools were) because the teacher (Christa McCauliffe) was from my homestate of New Hampshire. I will not forget that day.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy