Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thought Provoking Thursday - July 14, 2011


Thought Provoking Thursday button-150x150

Welcome to Thought Provoking Thursdays where you are forced to engage your brain. Happy Thursday - can't wait to read your responses, so don't forget to link up.

1. Who is the strongest person you know?
Most definitely my mom - especially right now. She's been diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer, yet where is she? On a 2 week motorcycle trip with my dad's brothers and sisters. She's either strong or crazy (and perhaps a little of both). She has been such an inspiration to so many during the last few months. People can't believe how well she is doing. Doctors shake their heads. But my mom is strong because her faith is strong. She knows where her strength comes from and that makes all the difference in the world. I'm kinda excited that so many people get to see her strength and determination during this time. I've grown up with it, but others are just now finding out what I have known all of my life: my momma may be little but she a force to be reckoned with!

2. What are you uncertain about?
I'm uncertain about so many things right now, but it mostly boils down to this: I'm uncertain what God's will is for my future. I feel like I'm in a 'be still and know that I am God' stage of my life which leaves me constantly feeling uncertain. However, I'm certain that God is in control and that He has mine and Precious' best interest in mind and that His ways are much better than mine.

3. What has life taught you in the last week?
Life has taught me that mean people steal stuff from yard sales and that God often has much more different plans than we do. Yes, someone stole my Sony Cybershot from the yard sale (at the church - SHAME ON THEM!). Also, Precious had a job interview this week that would require him to move before the wedding and me to move once we're married....not at all my plan. God may be doing something different. Life is still teaching me to trust God. Do we ever fully learn that lesson?

Link Up!

1 comments:

TheHouse said...

Are there people who ARE certain in most aspects of their lives? Maybe I'd like to meet those people.

(At first I typed "hoes" people...pretty sure that's not what we want to meet.)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy