Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Getting Rid of Songs with ! (Missing) in iTunes

So, I had to reload EVERYTHING on my computer after I got it back from BestBuy. When I reloaded my music into iTunes, I had duplicates of EVERYTHING. Half of them were dead tracks, though. I don't know how or why it happened, but I wasn't about to delete thousands of songs manually, so I did a few internet searches to figure out a shortcut.

If you are ever in this situation, here's your solution:

1. You have to isolate the missing tracks.
-Create a standard playlist called "Not Missing".
-Drag your entire library into that playlist. Missing tracks cannot be copied to a playlist.

2. Then, create a Smart Playlist called "Missing" where Playlist - is not - Not Missing.

3. To delete the matched files in the "Missing" Smart Playlist, Select All (Ctl + A), hold down Shift (or, on a Mac, Option) and Delete keys at the same time.

Hopefully it never happens to you, but this is the 2nd time it's happened to me, so an easy solution if you do have this problem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy