Saturday, August 4, 2012

Living Life to the Fullest

First of all, I did my 10 miles this week. I have figured out that the day after my MS meds, is NOT a good day to plan to exercise, so next week I'm going to plan accordingly. I sweat like a freakin' pig and it isn't pretty. I smell like a moose when I'm done. That basically means that I need to exercise first thing in the morning or it isn't going to get done because I would need another shower (and hair and make-up - and that's not happening more than once a day!).

When people tell you that you feel better when you exercise, they're either from another planet or they are liars - or perhaps they're delusional. It's simply not true. Even when I was thin, I HATED most things that resembled exercise and it did NOT make me feel better. In fact, it made/still makes me a little angry (or a lot angry depending on the day!). Why am I doing it? Because my sis-in-law showed me the error of my ways through actions of her own and I'm striving to simply be better...not just at exercising, but at life.

I was given this life and I intend to live it to the fullest. Right now, I'm not sure what that looks like.

Wednesday it meant having breakfast with a dear friend, catching up, and talking about what God is doing in our lives, then having lunch with 2 other friends just to spend time together.

Thursday it meant going to "girl's breakfast" and stopping on the way to take a scone to a mama who works and can't go to "girl's breakfast".

Yesterday it meant fighting with my computer over coupons (the computer won - I used hubby's Mac to print them) and grocery shopping, then spending the evening laughing with friends at The Root Cafe.

Today it meant spending the day with my husband, renting a movie from Redbox and grilling hot dogs.

As I have sat and thought this week about living my physical life to the fullest should look like, I've also thought about my spiritual life. I had a friend tell me that Christians shouldn't look any different than non-Christians - we're all human. I disagree. I don't think we should be all 'holier than thou', but I think our lives should reflect the light of Christ. And perhaps a reason many people don't go to church is because they see too many Christians who are one or the other - no different than themselves, or 'holier than thou'.  The word hypocrite is thrown around a lot when people start listing their reasons for not having anything to do with the church.

I hope my life reflects that I don't have it all together, but I'm working on it because I want to be more like Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy