Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Grilled Chicken & Peaches With Green Beans & Orzo



Grilled Chicken & Peaches With Green Beans & Orzo
This recipe and photo are from the August 2012 issue of Better Homes and Gardens.


I made this tonight and it was delicious! Here's the recipe:

8 oz. dried orzo (1-1/3 C)
8 oz. green beans, trimmed (about 2-1/2 C)
1 lb. chicken tenders
2 peaches, cut into wedges
2 TBS olive oil
4 oz. herb-flavored feta cheese (garlic & herb or peppercorn), crumbled (NOTE: I couldn't find herb-flavored so I just used plain feta)

1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven cook orzo according to package directions. Add green beans during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain; do not rinse. (NOTE: I cooked the orzo in chicken broth and I let the green beans cook longer than 5 minutes. I cooked until only a small amount of liquid remained, removed the pan from the heat and kept it covered. The orzo absorbs the rest of the liquid.)

2. Meanwhile, lightly brush chicken and peaches with some of the oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes, until no pink remains in chicken and peaches are tender and grill-marked. (NOTE: I did this on my Cuisinart Griddler - it took a little longer than 4-6 minutes on medium heat, but it still worked.)

3. In a large bowl, combine orzo, beans, grilled chicken, and peaches. Add feta. Drizzle with remaining olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with fresh thyme, if desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy