Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - September 21




It's been a while since I've linked up to Hodgepodge. Something about getting married and moving 600 miles away makes for a pretty busy schedule. Blogging unfortunately is not always at the top of the priority list.

1. Do you like chili? Red or white? Beans or no beans? Spice or no spice? Toppings?
I LOVE chili! I like all kinds of chili. I think white chicken chili is my new favorite. I like for chili to be a little spicy and if I am eating tomato based chili, I like to top it with sour cream and shredded cheese.

2. Red~Orange~Gold...your favorite fall color?
I LOVE fall and all of the colors. I am getting married October 15th and we are decorating with fall colors at the reception. The table centerpieces are full of beautiful jewel tones. I think my favorites are the deep reds and deep purples.

3. Who did you idolize when you were growing up?
Debbie Gibson. Don't hate. Don't judge. I LOVED me some Debbie Gibson. I totally wanted to be her.

4. When was the last time you did something 'arts and craftsy'? Share please.
Oh please...I'm all about some arts and craftsy stuff. I like to scrapbook, but lately my projects have been a little more tailored to home stuff. Do these count as arts and craftsy: 

5. What's a place that makes you really nervous?
The OB-GYN office makes me uneasy. Something about knowing you're going to be violated just makes me a little nervy.

The county fair - there are a LOT of people there and I really don't like people that much.

The mall parking lot anytime the month before Christmas.

6. Horse back riding...yay or nay (neigh?)
It's ok. I haven't been in a long time. When I was younger, we owned horses. My cousin Gail and I used to ride quite a bit.

7. What is your favorite cliche?
Hope against Hope

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Tomorrow the movers are coming to 'evaluate the situation'. I fear they are going to be like, "oh. my. goodness. How do two people accumulate so much stuff?" We have things in 3 places: my house, his house, and my studio. Please pray that they will be willing to go to all 3 places to keep us from having to transport anything.

Also, the school that I taught at for the past 6 years is currently dealing with a terrible loss-a 13 year old boy committed suicide. One of my former students. Please pray for the kids as they deal with all of their unanswered questions, as well as his family. I can't imagine what they're feeling.

7 comments:

TheHouse said...

Oh my gosh. A boy from Cdale's speech team committed suicide last week. What is happening that all of these kids are giving up and letting go? It breaks my heart.

Joyce said...

Oh wow-13...that is so sad. A student in our local highschool took his life last week. It is just so devasating and I'm not sure how famiies recover.

Best wishes on your wedding. I think a fall weddding is beautiful...I love the colors of fall and they will be lovely in photos too.

Kathy said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my place for today's Hodgepodge!

An October wedding sounds beautiful! My brother got married on Oct 12--48 years ago! Yay for lasting marriages :)

Moving from three places? That sounds overwhelming. And did you say "600 miles"? Wow!

So sad about the young teen suicide...these sure are some difficult times that we are living in.

Christine said...

That is so sad.... I hope that the other kids in the school do get help to deal with it. Sadly, they are now scared too. 13 is so young, but when you are that young and in obviously that kind of pain sometimes there doesn't appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel. It's heartbreaking.

On a MUCH MUCH MUCH lighter note..... It's funny that the OB's office didn't even occur to me:)

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

Heartbreaking news --keeping school and former students in prayer-how tragic.
Congratulations--on wedding and the fall colors sound amazing.

Mary said...

So sad about your former student. We see these kids in school and know a little something about their homelife, but feel so helpless to do anything about it.
Best wishes on your wedding! Very exciting!

Cathy said...

So very sad about the young boy. I can't even imagine.

I love your Nook cover.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy