Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sideboard Project

Ok, let me begin by saying that I'm not sure that I will EVER refinish another piece of furniture as long as I live. Perhaps its the fact that it was 1000 degrees every single day I worked on it and I sweated away about 50 lbs (I swear I did) yet the scale didn't budge.

I had intentions of taking step by step pics of the process, but she didn't happen. I was so aggravated by day 2 that pictures were the LAST thing I was thinking about!

Before:

There were DAYS of sanding, painting and staining (and by that I mean sweating profusely). The sander worked like a dream. The new Wagner paint sprayer - not so much. I have never used one so it could have been operator error, but it was a pain!!! I did learn alot while working on this project - don't wear flip-flops while spray painting unless you like the speckled look, how to fill holes because drawer handles don't come in standard sizes, how NOT to shop for hinges (just paint the ones that originally came on there-they aren't standard either), how polyurethane dries a yellowish-brown color on white. I ended up rattle canning some of it to cover the stupid yellow tint. Nevertheless, here it is! The picture isn't the greatest, but the top is stained a dark mahogany.


1 comments:

TheHouse said...

It turned out BEAUTIFULLY!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy