Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Housing Hunt - Day 1

So, Precious and I are in Ohio looking for housing. Day 1 was EXHAUSTING! We looked at 50 billion places. Things I am discovering: I like space - LOTS OF IT! Apartments don't really give you lots of space. However, we found a couple that might work. Here are our Top 2 from Day 1 of house hunting.

Summit Rise
This complex sits close to the freeway, but is on a hill and surrounded by trees. It's a lovely view from the patios AND it's within a couple of miles from all of the shopping I could ever want to do: Summit Mall, Archiver's, Bed-Bath and Beyond, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Jo-Ann's Crafts, Wal-Mart, SAMS, Target, 2  Grocery Stores, a "whole foods" sort of store, and TONS of restaurants. The area reminds me of Fairview Heights.








Hunt Club
Don't get excited hunting enthusiasts - it's not that kind of rodeo.

This one is a little older, but it has extra storage space which I'm digging. This complex sits right behind Summit. Here are some really bad pictures I pulled off of the internet. The lady there talked ALOT!

../doccenter/images/14576/Kitchen(2).jpg
../doccenter/images/14576/LivingRoom(4).jpg
../doccenter/images/14576/MasterBedroom(3).jpg

Epic Failure of the Day
Timber Top Apartments. Oh. My. Goodness. Please notice the window units in the walls of the apartments. SERIOUSLY???? On top of that, the roads in the complex were nothing but hills that used to be paved but are now more like chopped up pavement. I'm sure that would be great fun in the winter. There were ant traps coming in the door of one of the apartments we looked at. It appears to be a place for area college students, but it's pretty much a dump! The end.



Come back tomorrow for more adventures of house hunting in Ohio.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I am madly in love with that first one! Glad to see that you are seeing at least some good ones!

Armanda said...

I love the first one but I must say having extra storage space is always a good thing.

Anonymous said...

I love the 1st one!!!

TheHouse said...

I really like the first one, too. You're creative. You will likely come up with ways to create storage :)

Anonymous said...

The first one was elegant for sure, but I liked the fireplace and what appears to be a deck in the second one.
Aunt Diane

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy