Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - May 25, 2011



1. What is something about living in this country that you value?'This country' is whatever country you call home.
 I really love the freedom that comes from living in the US. I think we often take so many of our liberties for granted. Women have far more opportunities here than they do in so many countries. I also value the freedom to worship my God without fear of persecution. 

2. What is a favorite something you own that is red, white, and/or blue?
Our flag. It represents so many things. My grandfather was a WWII veteran and adored the flag.

3. Do you fly a flag at your house on patriotic holidays?
We fly a flag at our house every day. It's a pretty big deal to my family. It represents lives lost, freedom gained, sacrifices made and bravery. 

4. What ingredients do you think should be included in a great picnic basket?
First of all, I think one should have a picnic basket (and I do not). If I had a picnic basket and I liked to be outside with the bugs (which I do not), I'm not sure what I would put in it. I would be worried about food spoiling. OCD...what can I say?

5. What is one interesting piece of trivia you know? Interesting is of course a relative term.
Are you kidding me? Precious needs to answer this question. He's fully of useless information - uh, I mean, he knows a lot of stuff that no one ever needs to know - uh, I mean...ummm...he's smart! Me, however, I know nothing and if I did I've already forgotten it. Sad, isn't it?

6. Wednesday, May 24th is National Escargot day...have you ever tried them? Eww or ooh?
"Slippery little suckers..." Never tried them and that doesn't really make me sad at all.

7. What is one thing you know for sure?
I know that "No one knows the day or the hour..." - Matthew 24:36 
I know that the guy who predicted the end of the world this week obviously forgot to read that verse. Awkward. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Don't want to deal with this stupid bad weather. Tornado=BAD.

4 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Sheena, Thanks so much for stopping by. I love meeting new blogging buddies. Your blog design is great and I so enjoyed your HP answers. Joy filled days to you!

Caz said...

Inside picnics are better than outside picnics, IMO. And truthfully, I Googled my trivia. I never remember any of that.

Tornadoes are scary. My family is all in Noman, OK, it's been a scary day.

Joyce said...

Ha-why do men know so much trivia? Stay safe!

Amy said...

Good luck with your teaching stuff. That is amazing. I went to leave a comment early in the day but I could not get it to work. Now it is working.. Nice to meet you..

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy