Friday, May 20, 2011

Gift Wrap Embellishments

I'm posting this because I want to have a quick reference to it. I love to gift wrap and these embellishments are cute and cheap!
I found this on Martha Stewart's Whole Living site: 

Bows from Magazine Pages

Paper bags, old newspapers, fabric scraps -- you're probably already using them for eco-friendly gift wrap. But did you know you could create beautiful bows from the pages of our magazine?

You'll need a page per bow (best if mostly one color) and some double-sided tape.

Cut the page lengthwise into nine 3/4-inch-thick strips of heights shown: Three at 11 inches, three at 10 inches, two at 9 inches, and one at 3 1/2 inches. 

Twist each strip to form loops at both ends. Make a circle out of the smallest.

Secure the ends with a piece of double-sided tape.

Layer and stick, starting with the longest strips. End with the circle in the center.

From Whole Living, December 2010



I found these on a blog that I follow. You can access the tutorial here.
PaperRoseGiftBowFinale2

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love embellishments of any kind :)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy