Friday, May 6, 2011

In the Face of Adversity

ad·ver·si·ty

  
–noun, plural -ties for 2.
1.
adverse  fortune or fate; a condition marked by misfortune, calamity, or distress: A friend will show his or her true colorsin times of adversity.
2.
an adverse  or unfortunate event or circumstance: You willmeet many adversities in life.


What does one do in the face of adversity?

Cry. Pray. Cry. Eat ice cream sandwiches. Stand. Be still and know that HE is God (well, at least attempt to be still - not incredibly easy for me). Cry a little more.

I feel overwhelmed some days. Actually, lately, I feel overwhelmed most days. When it rains it pours (sometimes literally).

I'm trying to not miss whatever God's purposes are in all of the things that keep popping up, but honestly, there are days when I just don't know what to do or how to feel.

How do you deal with adversity? I'm open to suggestions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When the tough gets going I cry it out.

TheHouse said...

I cry. Mostly at really bad times. Usually I would eat, too, but I can't really do that now. So I just cry. Oh, and I bark at people.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy