Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - May 18, 2011



1. What reveals more about a woman-her refrigerator or her purse?
her purse - other people can be responsible for the fridge contents


My purse says I'm prepared for anything. Well, I'm typically prepared (with the exception of when I want to carry my cute small Coach bag and I must down size - the last time I did that my Precious 'needed' everything that I had taken out of my 'prepared for anything' bag).
Right now, 3 sets of keys (don't judge. don't ask.), ipod, camera, coupons, sunglasses, cell phone, car charge, wallet, 2 checkbooks, 2 pens, 1 notepad, nook, comb, nasal spray, lotion, 2 lip glosses, lip balm, glasses cleaning kits, a bag with a little bit of everything (tide stick, nail clippers, nail file, band-aids, various medications, toothpicks), small tupperware container with random pain medications. I'm tired of digging through my purse...you get the picture - it's out of control!

2. When was the last time you went to the zoo? Where? What's your favorite zoo animal?
hmm...I think it was with kate for her birthday in 2008. We went to the St. Louis Zoo. (it was for her 27th birthday - oh yea, we know how to have a good time.

I like penguins and giraffes, but I think the polar bear is my favorite. Lots of personality. He loved to pose for pics.

3. What social issue fires you up?
Currently, education issues. I really want some of those people who are making decisions to have to teach for a few months before they even speak about education. I am not sure how they think they could possibly know what is best. Stupid government!

4. Are you a coupon clipper? If so, are you extreme?
Yes, I clip. Some weeks are better than others. I really like to see the total go down at the grocery store, but I don't carry shoe boxes full of coupons and I don't buy 27 bottles of mustard in a shopping trip. That's just crazy!

5. What is one of your favorite souvenirs brought back from your travels?
I don't know that I have a favorite souvenir. In fact, I can't recall any souvenirs that I have...perhaps because my memory sucks or perhaps it's because I usually don't buy things on vacation unless I can use them later. I bought a shoe tree, storage containers, clothes, shoes...I really like to shop, but I don't like crap to just sit around. Then you have to dust around it and that's just crazy!

6. Lemon meringue or key lime?
YES?!? I am the queen of sweets and when I was younger I didn't care for either, but now I would eat both of them...probably the whole thing if I could get away with it. Great, I'm really hungry now. Is it ok to eat pie at 8AM?

7. What is the most beautiful word you know in any language?
beautiful because I like the way the word sounds: shalom (peace)
beautiful because it means beautiful: bonita

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have been having a lot of 'squirrel' moments lately. Have you seen the movie UP? Remember the dog that was distracted by everything? Yep, that's me. Anyone else have frequent 'squirrel' moments?

7 comments:

Joyce said...

As far as I'm concerned you can eat pie at 8 am...how is that any different from a donut or pastry? Go right ahead : )

I have many squirrel moments. I blame hormones.
Enjoy your day!

unsure of the future said...

I agree with Joyce on both morning pie eating and squirrel moments :D I love Dug from UP!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

I like calling it squirrel moments a lot better than what I've been calling it - senility or ADD....

Love polar bears too!!

Anonymous said...

I think that a lot of people who become school district board members and other "powers that be" were once teachers, but they forget what it's like to be in classrooms and then pass unrealistic laws. It's very frustrating for those of us left in the classrooms.

As far as buying 27 bottles of mustard...I'm one of those people who will buy crazy amounts of stuff. The trick is understanding that things go on sale in cycles. You never know when or if you'll be able to get spaghetti sauce for $.05 a jar (which I've done before). I once bought about thirty jars of the stuff and only recently ran out. The same thing goes for brownies, salad dressing, or other goodies. I love couponing...it is very addicting. :)

Armanda said...

Squirrel moments I like that. My brother in law calls it chasing butterflies. I have them frequently :) Especially if I have too many things going at once.

Bobbi said...

Our polar bear just takes naps...Rarely, he goes for a swim but only on really HOT days.

I'm with you on #3...and IF they ever were teachers they went into administration and had their backbones removed. Standard procedure. America needs to wake up and take some responsibility (parents/students)...kicking your teachers when they're down isn't going to help!

Susan said...

I agree with your choice of polar bear. I really must see UP. I have heard others describe that very character as being just so cute. I imagine we all have UP moments. So much to do, so little time. :)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy