Sunday, June 26, 2011

Prayer Monday - June 27, 2011


A lot is going on in my life and I really need prayer that I will be able to focus each day on what God has for me to do and that I would be able to discern His will and heart in the midst of the chaos and commotion. I'm so thankful for the time that I am getting to spend with my family during this season. God is so awesome in that He can bring so much good from from those things that generally suck the life out of us.

I have no job. That's a little frustrating. Unemployment should start soon, but it isn't as much as I had hoped (about half of what I was making--one should consider that Cairo is one if not THE lowest paid district in IL so half is pathetic). I'm concerned about getting married in October and 'making ends meet' because Ronnie will be in school until May. Please pray that God will give us wisdom in finding a house. I have faith that He will provide, but my humanness has a few questions regarding how.

Please continue to pray for healing in my mom's body. We go for Round 3 of chemo this week. Pray that the God continues to use whatever means necessary to rid her body of cancer and that His will is accomplished in the process.

ooooo....I have something else I'm thankful for today. So, Cape Comic Con (Nerd Fest, Geek Zone, whatever you want to call it) was this weekend. Ronnie and I usually help out (READ: Ronnie helps I. I harass people.) We didn't go to church because of it, but when we got to The Osage Center a church had set up shop for the morning. I worshiped with Vantage Point Church this morning and it was refreshing! So thankful!

4 comments:

TheHouse said...

Sheena,

I stopped by and prayed that God would give you a sense of peace about your situation (including your mom). I love you.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Forgot to leave a comment when I read yours earlier, but I've slept now.

I'm praying for you and Precious and the whole getting married, needing job and a place to live thing. I believe God's going to show up in a big way. And, of course, I'm praying for your mama as she continues to kick cancer's butt!

Armanda said...

Sheena I am praying that during all of the "chaos" in your life that God will be your anchor. I am praying that He will give you peace and take away all the overwhelming feelings so you are able to focus. One step at a time!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy