Monday, July 23, 2012

Driving Mr. and Mrs. Daisy

This past week, I went home to help out my mom and dad while they got back on their feet after surgery. It's nice to be needed and to have something to do. It's good to have a reason to get up. I called it my time of 'driving Mr. & Mrs. Daisy'. I think I may start a new service in NE Ohio called Driving Ms. Daisy and just drive 'old people' around to appointments and such! *wink*

It was nice to be back and see everyone. I saw my cousins and their kiddos, saw Kate, ate at Quatro's, Cool Spoons and Lynda's, made a new friend (Miss Clo-Clo), spent time with my mom & dad, my lil bro and his new wife, my in-laws (mom, dad, sis, bro, aunt, uncle, cousin), and I learned a new way to get there and back (no, it isn't any quicker, but a little more scenic!). While I was there I discovered that there are some things that I miss and a few that I don't. Here goes...

I miss...
-spending time with my family and Ronnie's family (Blake, that includes you!)
-date nights with Crys x 2
-Quatro's
-Lynda's Family Diner (people and food)

I DON'T miss:
-driving 5 million miles to get anywhere
-Southern IL humidity (bleh!)

Things you should know:
-I gained 5 lbs this week! Nope, not kidding.
-I'm jumping on the Lose It! wagon with my sis-in-law (and my mother-in-law, but she cheats!). After much discussion with Crys, a 5 lb weight gain (too much good food), and realizing that I need to just be consistent with movement (that's where I'm starting), I am committing to an exercise program of sorts. Week 1 (starts today): I am committing to at least 4 days of intentional exercise. I'll report back later.

1 comments:

TheHouse said...

I cried after you left. Though now that I've realized you've fit in Ronnie's derogatory reference to my license plate, I'm rethinking that ;)

Clo-Clo on the other hand has demanded your presence more than once since our night at Cool Spoons. She expects you to be here.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy