Saturday, April 13, 2013

Dot-to-Dot (not Dot Dot)

So this week has been a little rough. I received 3 notices that I was not chosen for jobs I had applied for, but after this week I've decided that might've been a God send.

It's just been busy. I've had a lot on my plate and trying to budget my energy has been challenging. I'm discovering that no amount of sleep cures or gets rid of the fatigue MS cause. I have a hard time explaining it, but its seriously bone-deep fatigue. I sometimes sleep so that it will extend my energy...so I can make it through the day, but sleep doesn't make it go away.

And the headaches...

I had a little vision trouble last Thursday. Once I could open my eyes and see like a normal person, I had a headache...like "go home, crawl in a cool dark place or you're gonna throw up" headache. On a scale of 1-10 for headaches, it was an 8.5. This headache and I have had our ups and downs, somedays we get to a 2, but yet it remains....like a 6th toe. Good for nothing!

Went to the neuro. He thinks it migraines. Duh. I've had them FOREVER. Got steroids (they're not making the headache go away as he promised...just making me sweaty, nauseous and have indigestion). Got migraine meds. Got an appointment at The Headache Clinic...in AUGUST! I may claw my eyes out by then! And we are switching my MS meds.

Right now I feel like I'm somewhere in the middle of a Dot-to-Dot. Like 15 on my way to 100. I have no idea what the picture looks like. Right now I'm ok with that. I'm curious, but too exhausted with the process to think about Dot 16 much less Dot 100.

And for those of you who are curious, Dot Dot (or Dottie) is my in-laws dog. Clo-Clo (their pastor's daughter calls her Dot Dot). Clo-Clo also calls my mother-in-law Dot Dot. She's 2. It's still cute.

1 comments:

TheHouse said...

I'm interested to hear how the new meds make you feel, and I'm praying they find something to make things bearable--or a least a little less exhausting.

(And I'm also thankful to see you in a little under two weeks from now! *SMILE*)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy