Monday, February 13, 2012

Visitors

So, this weekend Ronnie's mom and dad came to visit. I LOVE HAVING GUESTS! Who's coming next?

They arrived on Friday evening, Ronnie made Shrimp Fried Rice and it snowed. You know, I never really bought the story about Debbie's snow boots, but, I too, am now a believer. It snowed and snowed and snowed some more. Typical weather for NE Ohio in February, however, we have been lacking winter precipitation and temperatures. Not. This. Weekend. (Thanks Debbie!) For those of you who don't know the reputation of said boots:  legends says that her boots make it snow.



 

I went to Blake's on Friday with the intention of bringing cupcakes home. Didn't happen. Why? Because they were O.U.T. at 3PM! WHAT???!!!! No cupcakes? So, I ordered a dozen for Saturday and we had lunch and cupcakes!


I don't know why their faces look red - could be the light from the window. It was a happy day!

Does that face look like it deserves a cupcake? No? I didn't think so either (but we still gave him one).

Saturday Debbie and I went to Hollo's Papercraft Store. It was snowing like crazy, but we had a mission (and a truck with 4-wheel drive). It was my first visit, but Holy Paper, Batman! They have hand-made paper, any size and color of envelope you could possibly need, scrapbook stuff, gift wrap stuff, any side craft bag or cellophane bag you could want, cardstock by the pound, art supplies....it was CRAZY!

After lunch we went West Point Market, dropped the boys off at the mall and went to Hobby Lobby and Archiver's. I got a lot of ideas for projects I may sell on Etsy. (oh yea - since I'm a blog slacker I haven't told you that my Etsy shop is up and running - I am going to try to be better)

Saturday evening we had dinner at The Rail. So yummy!

I made cranberry-orange scones with orange butter for breakfast on Sunday and we ate lunch at First Watch. We napped, at Poppyseed Chicken Casserole for dinner and watch The Grammy's. They left this morning and are back in Illinois as I type this - not quite home, but back in The Land of Lincoln and I already miss them!

I'm not gonna lie. I miss family and friends. I am getting used to living in Ohio and I have friends here, but I still miss Illinois. Little things remind me of certain people. My reaction depends on how emotional I am that day. Some days I cry. Some days I smile. I was so grateful to have a "little taste of home" this weekend.

So, who's coming next?

5 comments:

TheHouse said...

Chris and I are coming in June. I don't know that we can make it any earlier than that :(

Sheena said...

Mom and Dad are coming in April. So I'm looking for March and May. Any takers?

Sheena said...

Can't wait!

Katie said...

If I didn't have to come out by myself, I would be there in a minute!

TheHouse said...

I would come this weekend if I could :(

PS...Update your "about me" section.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Blogger Candy